Saturday, November 1, 2014

NaNoWriMo - Day #1

I'm on the board. Woke up a little before 6:00 and spent an hour cruising the internet before I got down to writing but still managed 768 words before breakfast. Not bad,

My project is a series of interrelated stories about 5 (maybe more) people running Cape to Cabot, a particularly tough race I did last fall. The collection is tentatively called "Running Lessons" (yawn) but I hope to come up with something more inspired in the days ahead.

The first story is inspired by Ghomeshi-gate, which has kept me mesmerized all week. Reading accounts of the allegations against Ghomeshi has been stomach-turning. On the upside, the news seems to have spurred useful discussion about sexism and rape culture that has the potential to nudge our society in the right direction.

Given that I've taken on a second challenge this month - to run and walk 100 miles - I won't have much time for blogging. However, I'll post as often as I can and you'll be able to follow my progress by checking the two boxes to the right. They'll report my total word count and total mileage.

It's raining now - a hard, cold rain - so think I'll tackle other chores before I venture out for today's 5k. Hoping to write a total of 5,000 words this weekend so that I'm a little ahead of the game going in the work week. Wish me luck!


1 comment: